Contra-Baixo

Contra-Baixo
Contra-baixo para sempre é minha vida......

sexta-feira, 18 de setembro de 2015

Jaco Pastorius Style Groove Breakdown - Lesson with Scott Devine


Publicado em 7 de ago de 2013
JACO PASTORIUS LESSON: Subscribe for FREE to http://www.scottsbasslessons.com and you'll receive exclusive 'MEMBER ONLY' video lessons, and other cool goodies!

DOWNLOAD THE MP3 BACKING TRACK FOR THIS BASS LESSON: http://scottsbasslessons.com/uncatego... (link below the video).

When I first heard the legendary bassist Jaco Pastorius my life was changed forever. Up until that moment the only bass players I'd ever really heard were simply doubling up the guitar line or simply grooving in the background.

I first heard him playing on the tune 'Havana' by Weather report, and still to this day his performance on that recording blows my mind. I strongly urge you check it out after you've watched this lesson.

The thing that made Jaco Pastorius stand out for me was his 16th note style grooves. They were so rhythmically powerful but at the same time had a melodic depth that I hadn't heard any other bassists reach.

In this bass lesson I have constructed a groove that demonstrates exactly how to use these 16th note type grooves and most importantly how you can get them into your own playing vocabulary.

As always... see you in the shed!

At http://www.scottsbasslessons.com you'll also find many more free HD video bass lessons and backing tracks. The lessons cover a wide range of topics from bass soloing, improvisation, walking bass, grooves etc.

A bit about me...

I've performed, recorded, shared taxis, vans, planes and boats with players such as, Adrian Ingram, Martin Simpson, Dennis Rollins, Gary Boyle, Neil Brocklebank, The Drifters, The Four Tops, The Nolans, Marisa Turner (Prince, Chaka Kahn), Peter Grant (top 5 jazz artist), Spyro Gyra, Ogie Alcasid, Vina Morales and has performed at venues such as Ronnie Scotts, Pizza Express (London Soho), The 606 Club, The Vortex, Dubai International Jazz festival and Montreal grand prix.

I've also studied with an amazing host of world class musicians including Skuli Sverrisson (Allan Holdsworth), Jeff Andrews, Ralph Alessi, Ravi Coltrane, Brad Shepik and Adam Rogers, Gary Willis.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Copy and paste the following code into your website's HMTL code. Contact me for more details.
bass tuner